Runescape Christmas event 2008 – 2009 Guide
Where to Start:
Speak to one of the snow imps, It can be started in one of three places.
- North of Lumbridge, near Farmer Fred’s farm and the Windmill.
- North of Rimmington, just east of the Crafting Guild.
- North of Falador, south of Dwarven Mine.
Go to the area and find the Head Imp – he is the only blue Snow Imp wearing a Santa Hat. Once you have an Amulet from him, go to a bank and deposit anything, but get some teleport gear. Now travel around.
The snow imps will gladly tell you of their woes, and, if you’d like to help out, they’ll provide you with an Ice Amulet that you can use to summon one of their more proactive friends.
To get started hunting for the nefarious adolescent, wear the necklace and right-click to ‘Operate’ it. You’ll suddenly discover that a snow imp has appeared to give you a hand. Snow imps are naturally aware of extraordinary cold, and can tell when they’re heading towards someone as cold as Jack Frost. As you start moving around, you’ll be able to click on your imp to check whether you’re getting hotter or colder – follow the imp’s directions and you shouldn’t go wrong.
1. Head to any of the Head Snow Imps.
2. They will give you an Ice Amulet. Operate it to summon a snow imp. You cannot have any pets/familiars/followers while operating this Ice Amulet.
3. The colder you are, the nearer you are to Jack Frost. This is somewhat similar to the Enchanted key in Making History.
NOTE: Jack Frost will only be in one of 15 locations, these are ice patches which can be viewed on the minimap. Jack Frost can be found based on the imp name.
(Appreciate commenter for their help. See Below:)
4. Once you find Jack Frost, the snow imp will be able to teleport you to his hideout any time.
5. Once there, Jack Frost will tell you that he won’t go back until you defeat him.
6. Slide on the ice patch such that you will bump onto Jack Frost. You will shout “Oof!”
7. The Queen of Snow will appear and you will learn that the Ice Sculpture is Nick (Jack Frosts’ father who is actually Santa Claus) frozen by Jack Frost.
8. After a cutscene, Nick is defrosted and you are rewarded with a Santa suit.
Note: the location of jack is based on the name of your imp.
Freddie is along the wall of the Grand Exchange on west side
Charlie is south Varrockvarrock
Murphy is west of Edgeville/south of Monastery
Norris is just north of the dungeon entrance near Thurgo
Benny is south(a bit to the southeast corner) of the the Lumberyard
Magnus is north of the Black Knight Castle.
Rasmus is South Of the Lumbridge Swamp.
Marcus is along the western wall of the Wizard’s Tower. Boris is North-East of Varrock
When you’ve tracked him down, your imp will let you know what you have to do to end his reign of icy terror – he’s not a real villain, he’s just a very naughty boy. With the family reunion complete, you’ll receive your reward and can continue on your merry way about RuneScape, comfortable with the knowledge that you’ve certainly saved the world from a cold and lonely Christmas!
A Santa suit comprising:
- Santa costume top
- Santa costume legs
- Santa costume gloves
- Santa costume boots
A super-cool Freeze emote.
The Snowman Dance emote for players who didn’t get it during the 2007 Christmas Event.
As well as the Ice Amulet in which can be used to summon a Snow Imp follower (only during the two weeks the Christmas 2008 event is available).
The Santa Costume and Ice Amulet can be stored in the Toy Box of a Player Owned House.
A Santa hat is not included as part of the set.
Event Information Help:
- There is a glitch where when you use the Freeze emote and then click on the portal to leave your house it will finish the rest of emote when you finish teleporting.
- It is believed that all locations are described as “North of …” as a reference to the commonly accepted place of Santa Clause’s residence, the North Pole.
- There is a bug that when you do the Thanksgiving emote while standing on the ice path at the event start point, you will not slide over it.
- When pelting a player with snowballs, if there is an obstacle in the way and the player moves over the ice, they will not slide around and be free to walk on the ice like normal ground.
- You can change your clothes when you’re doing the new emote. It looks like a transformation.
- There is a glitch that, with luck, you can do the Zombie hand emote. With more luck, you can make it say it can only be done during Grave Digger event.
- The examine information for the Santa costume gloves and boots is “Some red and jolly gloves/boots”, even though they are not red at all!
- If you ask Maggie to teleport back to Wendy during this event, you will land on the ice in which you will not slide over it.
- You don’t get any Firemaking experience for lighting the fires to unfreeze Santa.
- There are ponds where you can slide similar to the caves for the Christmas quest located around Runescape. One is north of Lumbridge.
- There is a glitch where if you do the “Give Thanks” emote then when you are seen in human form of the emote (near the end) and then press the “Freeze” emote REALLY fast, the ice forms around you and you just stand there.
- If you use a ring of egg or ring of stone when you go on the ice you go across as an egg or rock.
Previous post content:
Jagex conducted a poll to decide the event. The results concluded that players will have to stop Jack Frost from freezing RuneScape and as a reward players will receive a Santa suit(although it is not known whether there will be a different “Santa Hat” involved or not) and an emote where the player turns into snow and melts. Jagex also hinted that there will be some kind of necklace involved with this event/quest. Just like in Swept Away a quest will be released at the same time that free players can do for a limited time.
Jack Frost has an evil plan for the 2008 Christmas event. He is planning to cover the whole of Gielinor with ice, and players have to stop him in a Christmas-themed holiday event. It has been confirmed that the reward for completing this event is a Santa suit and a chilly new necklace.
Gielinor is the world in which RuneScape takes place. It was created by the god Guthix in the First Age when he found an “empty plane,” and shaped it into what is now RuneScape. Gielinor’s regions include Misthalin, Asgarnia, the Kharidian Desert, Kandarin, Karamja, Troll Country, Fremennik Province, Tirannwn, Morytania, the Wilderness, and the northern and southern seas.
The ‘Santa suit’ will be an item from the 2008 christmas event. It was part of a Guaranteed Content Poll for the voting of what the Christmas event will be this year. Jagex then released on 31 July the results of the poll. The Santa Suit was revealed as the winner of the poll that many players voted for. Many players have criticised the inclusion of the Santa Suit in the poll, claiming it may push down the price of the Santa Hat, a rare discontinued item, worth millions of coins.
Explorer Jack will have a tale â€“ a tale of fearsome creatures and bountiful riches. Sadly, the best of his adventuring days are behind him, so heâ€™ll need one of those adventuring sorts to stride out bravely into the icy wastelands. I wonder if heâ€™ll be able to find one? In this quest, it wonâ€™t be your equipment that helps you trek through the caves, but a keen eye to work out the fiendishly cavernous puzzles. Higher levelled players will find extra rewards hidden within those puzzles, so be prepared.